Friday 8 October 2010

A Donut Is OK! (Every Now And Again)

I woke up today and went into work, I really didn't expect the lifestyle change to affect me so much so early on but it really showed today. I was awake, fresh, full of life and raring to go! Absolutely amazing, I'm so thrilled.

Anyway, it was a colleagues birthday today so he brought in a pack of Krispy Kreme donuts for the office (a tradition at work). I eye'd up a few but went for a standard glazed donut. I sat there savouring every bite, it was delicious! What happened after was a little strange, my stomach started growling and I developed a little pain there, it must be the fact that I've been rid of processed sugars and large amounts of carbs for a while. Anyway, it total messed up my appetite suppression (an awesome part of the low carb eating plan) and was seriously hungry for the rest of the day. I was strong though and lasted until dinner, after my run!

The run went really well, in the space of a week I've gone from being dead at 11 minutes to finishing what the couch25k was telling me to do! 5 mins of walking as a warmup, 60 secs jogging, 90 secs walking for 20 minutes and then a 5 minute walk to warm down, I cut the warm down a little short because I got to the gate of the running track but my pace is up and I felt absolutely amazing afterwards, very proud of myself!

Food For The Day

Breakfast: 1x Pack of Roast Chicken (120 cals), 1x Peperami (126 cals), 1x Cheese String ( 80 cals)
Lunch: 1x Roasted Peanuts (400 cals).
Dinner: 1/2 a pack of chicken (100 cals), Plum Tomatoes (30 cals), 6x Rasher of Bacon (222 cals), 3x Boiled Egg (171 cals).
Snacks: 1x Glazed Donut (200 cals).
Drinks: 2x Sugarfree Redbull, 1x Medium Normal Redbull (175 cals).

Total: 1624 cals!

A surprise to say the least, I would have to work hard to make myself eat more I'm so full. Excellent excellent news.

Now for my first weekend, the time I find the hardest. Will probably do the P90X stretch DVD tomorrow to start improving flexibility. Why I waited so long to start this I don't know I love it and feel fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment